Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Popular Songs Of 1974

Much as I did with my "Popular Songs Of 1964" post a few days ago, I've gathered some of the most popular songs recorded in 1974. Forty years ago, my parents were married, and four years later I arrived on the scene. And yet, I know almost of these songs as though they weren't "before my time." How many of these do you remember?  ~  JH



1)  Joni Mitchell  ~  "Help Me"




2)  Eagles  ~  "Best Of My Love"




3)  Carly Simon  ~  "Haven't Got Time For The Pain"




4)  The Hollies  ~  "The Air That I Breathe"




5)  Barbra Streisand  ~  "The Way We Were"




6)  Gordon Lightfoot  ~  "Sundown"




7)  Barry White  ~  "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe"




8)  Anne Murray  ~  "A Love Song"




9)  Eric Clapton  ~  "I Shot The Sheriff"

Video wouldn't load properly – click link to view:



10)  Jimmy Buffett  ~  "Come Monday"




11)  Dolly Parton  ~  "Jolene"




12)  Elton John  ~  "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"




13)  ABBA  ~  "Waterloo"




14)  Chicago  ~  "Call On Me"




15)  Linda Ronstadt  ~  "You're No Good"




16)  Lynyrd Skynyrd  ~  "Sweet Home Alabama"




17)  Carpenters  ~  "I Won't Last A Day Without You"




18)  Bob Marley & The Wailers  ~  "No Woman No Cry"




19)  John Denver  ~  "Back Home Again"




20)  Cher  ~  "Dark Lady"




21)  John Lennon  ~  "Whatever Gets You Thru The Night"




22)  Bachman Turner Overdrive  ~  "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet"




23)  Olivia Newton-John  ~  "I Honestly Love You"




24)  Bay City Rollers  ~  "Saturday Night"




25)  Joe Cocker  ~  "You Are So Beautiful"


No comments:

Post a Comment