Monday, February 24, 2014

Popular Songs Of 1994, Vol. 1

Okay, so maybe my recent "1984" collection of popular songs represented the music of my generation (I was born in '78). But this set of songs – of which there will be 3 volumes, by the way – represents the music of my teenage years – the first time in my life that I actually chose what I wanted to listen to, and could (occasionally) afford to buy it for myself. I didn't own copies of all the songs gathered in this miniseries of posts – but I did listen to them all, mostly on MTV (back when they actually played music videos!) and on the radio. If you're close to my age, you probably remember many of these well, and probably some of them quite fondly. Take a trip back with me to the music of 20 years ago. Here we go...  ~  JH



1)  Sophie B. Hawkins  ~  "As I Lay Me Down"




2)  Blues Traveler  ~  "Hook"




3)  Veruca Salt  ~  "Seether"




4)  Nirvana  ~  "About A Girl"




5)  Amy Grant  ~  "Lucky One"




6)  Boyz II Men  ~  "On Bended Knee"




7)  Anita Baker  ~  "Body And Soul"




8)  Dinosaur Jr.  ~  "Feel The Pain"




9)  Portishead  ~  "Sour Times"




10)  Rusted Root  ~  "Send Me On My Way"




11)  Edie Brickell  ~  "Good Times"




12)  Toadies  ~  "Possum Kingdom"




13)  Jann Arden  ~  "Insensitive"




14)  Jeff Buckley  ~  "Last Goodbye"




15)  Brandy  ~  "Best Friend"

Video wouldn't load properly – click link to view:



16)  Elton John  ~  "Circle Of Life"




17)  John Mellencamp ft. Me'Shell Ndegeocello  ~  "Wild Night"




18)  Hootie & The Blowfish  ~  "Let Her Cry"




19)  Aaliyah ft. R. Kelly  ~  "Back & Forth"




20)  Dave Matthews Band  ~  "Ants Marching"




21)  The Pretenders  ~  "I'll Stand By You"




No comments:

Post a Comment