Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Popular Songs Of 1994, Vol. 2


Yesterday's intro should suffice for this entry (Vol. 2 of 3) in this miniseries. In case you missed that one, here it is...

Okay, so maybe my recent "1984" collection of popular songs 
represented the music of my generation (I was born in '78). 
But this set of songs represents the music of my teenage years 
– the first time in my life that I actually chose what I wanted 
to listen to, and could (occasionally) afford to buy it for 
myself. I didn't own copies of all the songs gathered in 
this miniseries of posts – but I did listen to them all, mostly 
on MTV (back when they actually played music videos!) 
and on the radio. If you're close to my age, you probably 
remember many of these well, and probably some 
of them quite fondly. Take a trip back with me 
to the music of 20 years ago. Here we go...  ~  JH




22)  Stone Temple Pilots  ~  "Interstate Love Song"




23)  Sonic Youth  ~  "Bull In The Heather"




24)  Spin Doctors  ~  "You Let Your Heart Go Too Fast"




25)  Hole  ~  "Violet"




26)  Arrested Development  ~  "Ease My Mind"

Video wouldn't load properly – click link to view:



27)  Milla  ~  "Gentleman Who Fell"




28)  Heavy D & The Boyz  ~  "Nuttin' But Love"




29)  Lisa Loeb  ~  "Stay (I Missed You)"




30)  Jon Secada  ~  "If You Go"




31)  Tori Amos  ~  "Pretty Good Year"




32)  Toad The Wet Sprocket  ~  "Fall Down"




33)  TLC  ~  "Waterfalls"




34)  Beastie Boys  ~  "Sabotage"




35)  Madonna  ~  "Bedtime Story"




36)  Seal  ~  "Prayer For The Dying"




37)  The Cranberries  ~  "Zombie"




38)  Weezer  ~  "Buddy Holly"




39)  Sheryl Crow  ~  "All I Wanna Do"




40)  Live  ~  "Selling The Drama"




41)  Rollins Band  ~  "Liar"




42)  Nas  ~  "The World Is Yours"




43)  Ace Of Base  ~  "The Sign"




44)  The Offspring  ~  "Gotta Get Away"


No comments:

Post a Comment