Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Songs By Scottish Artists


There is, again, a method to my madness. I was listening to a song by one of my favorite female singers the other day, and I remembered that she was Scottish. Then, off the top of my head, I recalled several other singers/bands that I liked who were also from Scotland. And so I thought, why not gather a bunch of good songs by well-known (and a few lesser-known) Scottish artists. Why not indeed? Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Simple Minds  ~  "She's A River"




2)  Annie Lennox  ~  "Why"




3)  The Jesus And Mary Chain  ~  "Head On"




4)  Sheena Easton  ~  "For Your Eyes Only"




5)  Big Country  ~  "In A Big Country"

Video wouldn't load properly – click link to view:



6)  Camera Obscura  ~  "French Navy"




7)  The Proclaimers  ~  "I'm On My Way"




8)  Belle & Sebastian  ~  "Funny Little Frog"




9)  Primal Scream  ~  "It's Alright, It's OK"




10)  Rebecca Shearing  ~  "Paper Lung"




11)  Teenage Fanclub  ~  "Star Sign"




12)  Horse  ~  "Careful"




13)  Mogwai  ~  "I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead"




14)  Emeli Sandé  ~ "Next To Me"




15)  Franz Ferdinand  ~  "Take Me Out"




16)  KT Tunstall  ~  "Black Horse And The Cherry Tree"




17)  Paolo Nutini  ~  "Coming Up Easy"  (Weird video…and this is ME saying that. Think about THAT!)




18)  Amy MacDonald  ~  "This Is The Life"




19)  Del Amitri  ~  "Roll To Me"




20)  Rachel Sermanni  ~  "The Fog"




BONUS TRACK:  Susan Boyle  ~  "I Dreamed A Dream"  (Couldn't forget about her now, could I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment