Monday, June 9, 2014

"Hide" & "Seek" Songs

Here's a truly mixed bag of songs with either the word "Hide" or "Seek" or both in their titles. Because, why not? Oh yeah, and there's commentary, too. So enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  The Beatles  ~  "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"  (Because it's a classic, and I like it, and they say "Hey!" a lot in it. That's why.)




2)  Yo La Tengo  ~  "Nothing To Hide"  (This is lo-fi grunge rock at its lo-fi grungiest. Not that that's a bad thing.)




3)  Kari Jobe  ~  "The More I Seek You"  (A great song by a great singer. I saw her in concert the year before last, and it was extremely uplifting!)




4)  AJ Woodworth  ~  "Hide Your Matches"  (I've never heard of this lady, but she's got a super-smooth voice and a nice, traditional country music sound.)




5)  Little May  ~  "Hide"  (A beautiful folk-pop gem by another artist I've never heard of before.)




6)  Howard Jones  ~  "Hide And Seek"  (I'm not familiar with this artist either, but his music is very reminiscent of a number of other '80s songs that I know and like.)




7)  Shiny Toy Guns  ~  "Somewhere To Hide"  (A poppy electronica song with solid female vocals? Yes, please!)




8)  Mary J. Blige  ~  "Can't Hide From Luv"  (This lady puts her heart and soul into everything she sings. And her backup band is kickin'!)




9)  Mirrors  ~  "Hide And Seek"  (A little Brit-pop never hurt anyone. I actually find this song to be quite soothing, for some reason.)




10)  Billy Dean  ~  "Tryin' To Hide A Fire In The Dark"  (I vaguely remember this song from way back when. It's a pretty good one. Wonder what ever happened to this guy?)




11)  Billy D & The Hoodoos  ~  "Hide My Heart"  (This post was seriously lacking in blues rock songs…until now.)




12)  Imogen Heap  ~  "Hide And Seek"  (Heap's use of a vocoder here is grating at first, then it grows on you, and pretty soon you realize you wouldn't have it any other way.)




13)  Man Overboard  ~  "How To Hide Your Feelings"  (Modern punk-rock songs tend to all sound the same to me – loud and whiny. This one's better than most. Not bad at all, actually.)




14)  Theocracy  ~  "Hide In The Fairytale"  (A Christian metal band that isn't so terrible it's comical? Yes, please!)




15)  Gravitonas  ~  "The Pain We Love To Hide"  (Kind of a depressing song, but very apropos at the moment.)




16)  Rend  ~  "Hide"  (Another "discovery" I'm glad I made. This Canadian rock band has a really good sound.)




17)  T-ARA  ~  "Hide & Seek"  (And now for a a scrumptious smattering of K-pop…)




18)  Speaking In Shadows ft. Kayleigh Kendall  ~  "A Place To Hide Away"  (Well, this post is just chock-full of songs by artists no one's ever heard of, isn't it? Still, though, this is a pretty good song. I like the featured girl's voice, in particular.)




19)  Naree  ~  "Hyde And Seek"  (While this wouldn't be my first choice of the type of music I'd typically want to listen to, it isn't half bad.)




20)  Syrenica  ~  "Hide"  (Electronica meets power metal, with a full orchestra AND two female vocalists? You must have been reading my mind, Syrenica!)




21)  Kenley Shea  ~  "Seek The Joy"  (Kinda country, kinda rock-n-roll, kinda good, kinda run-of-the-mill. In short…I kinda like it. Kinda-sorta.)




22)  Jason Matkin  ~  "Hide Away"  (Wow, what a voice!)




23)  Five Star  ~  "Hide And Seek"  (This junk is pretty horrible. But it's also horribly funny! Which is why it's here, of course.)




24)  Freddie King  ~  "Hide Away"  (I like this right here! An excellent blues instrumental!)


No comments:

Post a Comment