Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Songs About Lying

I don't know about you, but I've enjoyed this week's utterly-pointless-yet-somehow-still-fulfilling series of posts featuring Songs About Crying, Flying, and now Lying. (There are two more of these in store after today – Songs About Trying and Songs About Dying.) As always, I welcome your input as to which of your favorite songs I may have missed. Sometimes there may be a good reason for a song's omission, sometimes the song in question may have completely slipped my mind, and sometimes – and these are the best – I've never even heard of the song you suggest and thereby get to discover some wonderful new music (to me, at least). So, basically, it's a win-win situation for all parties involved. But enough preamble – enjoy it already!  ~  JH



1)  The Band Perry  ~  "You Lie"




2)  The Black Eyed Peas  ~  "Don't Lie"




3)  Fleetwood Mac  ~  "Little Lies"




4)  Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean  ~  "Hips Don't Lie"




5)  Charles & Eddie  ~  "Would I Lie To You?"  (NOTE: Though it shares the same title as the Eurythmics song which I posted not too long ago, this is an entirely different song – albeit no less memorable a song.)




6)  Kimberly Anne  ~  "Liar"




7)  Michael Bolton  ~  "Said I Loved You…But I Lied"  (I really don't like Michael Bolton, but this song belonged in this collection.)




8)  En Vogue  ~  "Lies"




9)  Simple Plan  ~  "Your Love Is A Lie"




10)  Reba McEntire  ~  "You Lie"




11)  Thirty Seconds To Mars  ~  "A Beautiful Lie"




12)  Keaton Henson  ~  "Lying To You"




13)  Terri Clark  ~  "Girls Lie, Too"  (No, that's NOT really Johnny Depp, ladies!)




14)  Bon Jovi  ~  "Lie To Me"




15)  Gabriella Cilmi  ~  "Save The Lies"




16)  Linkin Park  ~  "Lies Greed Misery"




17)  Jonny Lang  ~  "Lie To Me"




18)  Cris Cab ft. Pharrell Williams  ~  "Liar, Liar"




19)  Restless Heart  ~  "A Tender Lie"




20)  Eagles  ~  "Lyin' Eyes"


No comments:

Post a Comment