Thursday, July 17, 2014

Songs About Trying


Okay, so this one might be my best effort yet – between picking songs that I actually liked personally, adding good ones that I discovered along the way, and including ones that I thought you, dear readers, might suggest if I missed them. Inevitably, I will have missed a handful of good ones, and I still welcome your retroactive suggestions, but I'm pretty proud of this collection. Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Colbie Caillat  ~  "Try"




2)  The Beatles  ~  "Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby"




3)  Janis Joplin  ~  "Try (Just A Little Bit Harder)"




4)  Michael Bublé  ~  "Try A Little Tenderness"




5)  P!nk  ~  "Try"




6)  Glen Campbell  ~  "Try A Little Kindness"




7)  Macy Gray  ~  "I Try"




8)  Josh Turner  ~  "Another Try"




9)  Whitney Houston  ~  "Try It On My Own"




10)  Frankie J  ~  "Don't Wanna Try"




11)  Patty Loveless  ~  "I Try To Think About Elvis"   (This song wins the prize for weirdest song title of the week…so far, at least.)




12)  Bone Thugs-N-Harmony ft. Akon  ~  "I Tried"




13)  Delta Goodrem  ~  "Born To Try"




14)  James Brown  ~  "Try Me"




15)  Amy Grant  ~  "Don't Try So Hard"




16)  The Smashing Pumpkins  ~  "Try, Try, Try"




17)  Alicia Keys  ~  "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart"




18)  Soundgarden  ~  "The Day I Tried To Live"




19)  Nelly Furtado  ~  "Try"




20)  Merle Haggard  ~  "Mama Tried"


No comments:

Post a Comment