Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Songs By Artists With Names Of The First 10 People Who "Liked" My Last Facebook Status

I was feeling random. So I posted a "like" challenge on Facebook. The required 10 people responded. To those 10 folks (and everyone else, too), here are "your" songs. Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Quiet Riot  ~  "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)"  (For Kevin W. – Quiet Riot's lead singer at the time was Kevin DuBrow. I HAD to give you an '80s metal song!)




2)  Randy Newman  ~  "You've Got A Friend In Me"  (For Randall J. – His name at birth was Randall Stuart Newman. And it's a "Toy Story" song – how can you go wrong?)




3)  Amy Winehouse  ~  "You Know I'm No Good"  (For Amy E. – Winehouse is one of my favorite dead singers, and yet another unfortunate member of the "27 Club.")




4)  Taylor Swift  ~  "Begin Again"  (For Taylor E. – This one was both easy and difficult. I knew I was going to use a Taylor Swift song, but finding one I've never posted before was a challenge! But here it is!)




5)  Kings Of Leon  ~  "Use Somebody"  (For Caleb F. – KOL's lead singer is Caleb Followill. And this song was way better than any song by the actual namesame that you told me about.)




6)  Elyse + The Aftermath  ~  "House Of Cards"  (For Elyse S. – This was the ONLY Elyse, singer or artist, that I could find anywhere. Hope you like it!)




7)  Kathy Troccoli  ~  "Everything Changes"  (For Kathy M. – File this one under "mid-'90s Christian contemporary/crossover pop." That's some big hair she's got!)




8)  SNAP!  ~  "The Power"  (For Penny W. – I'm sorry, Penny. This was the only decent song I could find featuring a singer named Penny – Ford, in this case, the lead singer for SNAP!)




9)  Aubrey O'Day  ~  "Wrecking Ball"  (For Aubrey S. – Here's a hit song from former Danity Kane member, Aubrey O'Day. And no, it's NOT the same as that Miley Cyrus song.)




10)  Heidi Newfield  ~  "Johnny And June"  (For Heidi B. – This was the only Heidi singer I'd ever heard of, and she's not bad. The song's rather sweet, too.)


No comments:

Post a Comment