Friday, June 5, 2015

Fruits Of The Spirit Songs: "Humility"

This entry in my "Fruits of the Spirit" series was one of the hardest of all of them. Various Bible translations use the words "gentleness," "meekness," or "humility" to describe this "fruit." Well, there almost no songs that directly speak of gentleness and very few that cover meekness – shocking, I know. But I found that there are quite a few songs that – in their lyrics or merely in their themes – deal with the subject of "Humility." So that was the tack I took with this one. And a fine set of songs it is, too! I truly hope you will enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Graham Kendrick  ~  "Meekness & Majesty"




2)  Big Daddy Weave  ~  "Audience Of One"




3)  Colton Dixon  ~  "More Of You"




4)  Jennifer Knapp  ~   "Martyrs & Thieves"  (BLOGGER'S NOTE: Yes, I DO know she identifies as a lesbian now. But that fact does not lessen the truth or the message of this song, which Jennifer wrote several years ago when she was then identifying as a Christian musician.)




5)  Kutless  ~  "Give Us Clean Hands"




6)  Hillsong Live  ~  "Unending Love"




7)  Christafari  ~  "Here I Am To Worship"




8)  Israel Houghton  ~  "I Surrender All"




9)  Austin Chamberlin & Lauren Zielenski  ~  "All I Am"  (This is a lovely cover version of a Phil Wickham song, for which I couldn't find a music video.)




10)  Hillsong Live  ~  "To Be Like You"




11)  Planetshakers  ~  "Surrender"




12)  Flame ft. J.R.  ~  "Tonight (All Of Me)"




13)  Hillsong United  ~  "Like An Avalanche"




14)  Jimmy Needham  ~  "Being Small"




15)  Chris Sligh  ~  "Empty Me"




16)  Hillsong Live  ~  "Narrow Road"




17)  Leeland  ~  "Holy Spirit, Have Your Way"




18)  Flame ft. V. Rose  ~  "Surrender"




19)  Chris Tomlin  ~  "Lay Me Down"




20)  Hillsong Live  ~  "You"




21)  Deitrick Haddon  ~  "Have Your Way"




22)  FFH  ~  "Wholly To You"




23)  Seventh Day Slumber  ~  "Surrender"




24)  Rend Collective  ~  "All That I Am"




25)  Hillsong Live  ~  "I Surrender"


No comments:

Post a Comment