Friday, June 5, 2015

Fruits Of The Spirit Songs: "Self Control"

This final entry in the "Fruits of the Spirit" was dogging me, too, making it all but impossible to compile. Finally, I made a breakthrough and came up with more songs than I could use, actually. I tried to narrow it down to the best of the best. While you won't find the phrase "self control" in the titles of these songs (and most often, not in the lyrics either), the spirit and attitude of "self control" as a virtue, or "fruit" as it were, permeates each song in this collection. Did I mention that there are some really great songs here? Because there are. Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Sanctus Real  ~  "I'm Not Alright"




2)  Jars Of Clay  ~  "Worlds Apart"




3)  Jeremy Camp  ~  "My Desire"




4)  GS Megaphone  ~  "Use Me"




5)  Skillet  ~  "Monster"




6)  Casting Crowns  ~  "Courageous"




7)  Relient K  ~  "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been"




8)  Tedashii  ~  "Make War"




9)  Third Day  ~  "Cry Out To Jesus"




10)  Plumb  ~  "Smoke"




11)  Matt Redman  ~  "Never Once"




12)  Hillsong Live  ~  "From The Inside Out"




13)  DC Talk  ~  "In The Light"




14)  Trip Lee ft. J. Paul  ~  "Fallin'"




15)  Casting Crowns  ~  "Slow Fade"




16)  Jennifer Knapp  ~  "The Way I Am"




17)  Fireflight  ~  "Unbreakable"




18)  116 ft. KB, PRo, Tedashii, & Andy Mineo  ~  "Temptation"




19)  Matt Maher ft. Audrey Assad  ~  "Lord, I Need You"




20)  Tenth Avenue North  ~  "The Struggle"




21)  Lauren Daigle  ~  "How Can It Be"




22)  Pillar  ~  "Further From Myself"




23)  Disciple  ~  "Dear X, You Don't Own Me"




24)  KB ft. Swoope, Trip Lee, & Jai  ~  "Open Letter (Battlefield)"




25)  Love & The Outcome  ~  "He Is With Us"


No comments:

Post a Comment