Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Songs About Rainbows

I'm seeing a lot of rainbow-tinted images on social media these days. Wonder what that's all about? [Shrugs shoulders.] Well, anyway, all these colors reminded me that there have been quite a few good songs written on the subject of rainbows. More so than even I knew, as I would soon discover. Here's a collection of the best ones I could find. I'm pretty sure they're all completely unrelated to...whatever these current rainbow images are supposed to mean. ;)  ~  JH



1)  Passenger  ~  "Rainbows"




2)  Tilly and the Wall  ~  "Rainbows In The Dark"




3)  Elvis Presley  ~  "Pocketful Of Rainbows"




4)  Sheena Easton  ~  "Follow My Rainbow"




5)  Mandy Patinkin  ~  "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows"




6)  Dean Martin & Vikki Carr  ~  "Rainbows Are Back In Style"




7)  Kermit The Frog  ~  "The Rainbow Connection"




8)  Judy Garland  ~  "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"




9)  Gogol Bordello  ~  "The Other Side Of Rainbow"




10)  Oh Land  ~  "Rainbow"




11)  Robert Plant  ~  "Rainbow"




12)  Kacey Musgraves  ~  "Rainbow"




13)  Alan Jackson  ~  "Chasin' That Neon Rainbow"




14)  St. Vincent ft. Andrew Bird  ~  "Black Rainbow"




15)  The Marshall Tucker Band  ~  "Searching For A Rainbow"




16)  Ann Sothern  ~  "Where's That Rainbow?"




17)  Helmet  ~  "Wilma's Rainbow"




18)  Meja  ~  "Rainbow"




19)  Ziggy Marley  ~  "Rainbow In The Sky"




20)  Dio  ~  "Rainbow In The Dark"




21)  America  ~  "Rainbow Song"




22)  Aretha Franklin  ~  "Look To The Rainbow"




23)  Johnny Cash ft. Waylon Jennings  ~  "Here Comes That Rainbow Again"




24)  UB40  ~  "Rainbow Nation"




25)  Jimmy Fallon (as Jim Morrison)  ~  "Reading Rainbow Theme Song"




BONUS TRACK:  Carpenters  ~  "I Won't Last A Day Without You"  (This song doesn't have "Rainbow" in its title, but the word plays an integral part in the chorus. Besides, I love the Carpenters, so there ya go…)


No comments:

Post a Comment