Thursday, August 6, 2015

Songs About Fruit


A few weeks ago, I was brainstorming some ideas for new music posts, and my wife asked if I'd ever done one about songs with fruit in their titles. I replied that of course I had, and that it had gone over quite well. And then I began to second-guess myself. So I looked over my previous music posts and – to my surprise – I was wrong! I had never done a fruit songs post. So here it is. Twenty-five songs, twenty-five different fruits. Every one of them juicy. Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Tori Amos  ~  "Raspberry Swirl"




2)  Angus and Julia Stone  ~  "Mango Tree"




3)  Sarah Jaffe  ~  "Clementine"




4)  Mista  ~  "Blackberry Molasses"  (I included this one for my friend, Eric. He knows why.)




5)  First Aid Kit  ~  "Tangerine"




6)  Fats Domino  ~  "Blueberry Hill"




7)  Goldfrapp  ~  "Black Cherry"




8)  The Presidents Of The United States Of America  ~  "Peaches"




9)  Margot & The Nuclear So And So's  ~  "Cold, Kind, & Lemon Eyes"




10)  Tom T. Hall  ~  "(Old Dogs, Children, And) Watermelon Wine"  (The actual song starts at the 4:00 mark.)




11)  Lady Gaga  ~  "Orange Colored Sky"




12)  Harry Belafonte  ~  "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)"




13)  Islander  ~  "Coconut Dracula"




14)  Neil Diamond  ~  "Cherry, Cherry"




15)  The Andrews Sisters  ~  "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree"




16)  Coldplay  ~  "Strawberry Swing"




17)  KT Tunstall  ~  "Honeydew"




18)  Los Campesinos!  ~  "Avocado, Baby"




19)  Diana Krall  ~  "Peel Me A Grape"




20)  Elvis Presley  ~  "Queenie Wahine's Papaya"




21)  Dwight Yoakam  ~  "3 Pears"




22)  Brooklyn Roebuck  ~  "Lemon & Lime"




23)  Peter Frampton  ~  "Fig Tree Bay"




24)  Herbie Hancock  ~  "Cantaloupe Island"




25)  Kate Nash  ~  "Pumpkin Soup"  (Yes, it's a fruit. I looked it up.)


No comments:

Post a Comment