Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Popular Songs Of 1986, Vol. 1

Let me take you back in time to 30 years ago. The year was 1986. The music was awesome. Whether it was pop, rock, R&B, or country, there were plenty of good songs to suit all tastes. I can only hope that I have represented this mammoth year in music well with this post and its three follow-ups. If I've missed anything significant, I'm sure you'll tell me about it. But wait till you've seen all 4 installments, just in case your favorite made one of the later editions. Oh, yeah...please...enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Dionne Warwick ft. Elton John, Gladys Knight, & Stevie Wonder  ~  “That’s What Friends Are For”




2)  Mr. Mister  ~  “Broken Wings”




3)  Lionel Richie  ~  “Say You, Say Me”




4)  Survivor  ~  “Burning Heart”




5)  Klymaxx  ~  “I Miss You”




6)  Robert Palmer  ~  “Addicted To Love”




7)  Whitney Houston  ~  “How Will I Know”




8)  The Judds  ~  “Have Mercy”




9)  Patti LaBelle ft. Michael McDonald  ~  “On My Own”




10)  Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson  ~  “Friends & Lovers”




11)  Billy Ocean  ~  “There’ll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)”




12)  Peter Cetera  ~  “The Glory Of Love”




13)  Janet Jackson  ~  “What Have You Done For Me Lately”




14)  Randy Travis  ~  “On The Other Hand”




15)  Berlin  ~  “Take My Breath Away”




16)  Simply Red  ~  “Holding Back The Years”




17)  George Strait  ~  “Nobody In His Right Mind Would’ve Left Her”




18)  Madonna  ~  “Papa Don’t Preach”




19)  Bon Jovi  ~  “You Give Love A Bad Name”




20)  The Human League  ~  “Human”


No comments:

Post a Comment