Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Songs About Writing

Here's part 2 of 3 in a miniseries of posts featuring songs with the famously misnamed "3 R's" (Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic). In the first of the "3 R's" which does not actually start with an "R," we have a set of songs with the word "Write" or "Writing" (or some other derivative) in their titles. Ready... set... enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  The Hollies  ~  “Write On”




2)  John Legend & The Roots  ~  “I Can’t Write Left-Handed”




3)  Elvis Costello & The Attractions  ~  “Everyday I Write The Book”




4)  Francesca Battistelli  ~  “Write Your Story”




5)  Earth, Wind, & Fire  ~  “I’ll Write A Song For You”



6)  George Strait  ~  “Write This Down”




7)  Barry Manilow  ~  “I Write The Songs”




8)  Kina Grannis  ~  “Write It In The Sky”




9)  Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit  ~  “The Last Song I Will Write”




10)  Newton Faulkner  ~  “Write It On Your Skin”




11)  Ron Pope  ~  “Writing Letters”




12)  Helen Reddy  ~  “Think I’ll Write A Song”




13)  Hugh Grant  ~  “Don’t Write Me Off”




14)  Sam Smith  ~  “Writing’s On The Wall”




15)  Harry Connick, Jr.  ~  “I Could Write A Book”




16)  Belle and Sebastian  ~  “Write About Love”




17)  OK Go  ~  “The Writing’s On The Wall”




18)  The Low Anthem  ~  “To The Ghosts Who Write History Books”




19)  Father John Misty  ~  “I’m Writing A Novel”




20)  Bonnie Raitt  ~  “Write Me A Few Of Your Lines / Kokomo Blues / Walkin’ Blues”


No comments:

Post a Comment