Tuesday, May 24, 2016

"Beginning" Songs, Vol. 2

This is part 2 in a 6-part series featuring "Beginning," "Middle," and "Ending" songs. We began with "Beginning." We conclude the "Beginning" today. Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Brandi Carlile  ~  “Beginning To Feel The Years”




2)  Black Sabbath  ~  “End Of The Beginning”




3)  Osmond Brothers  ~  “Before The Beginning”  (I'm the only person I know who would follow up a Black Sabbath song with one by the Osmond Brothers. I'm #smh at my own self!)




4)  Natalie Cole  ~  “I’m Beginning To See The Light”  (Yeah, it's the same song as the first Ella Fitzgerald song in the previous post, but both ladies performed it so excellently, I couldn't decide which to exclude. Besides, Natalie Cole just passed away a few months ago and I hadn't had a chance to include her in any posts since then – to my knowledge, at least – and she was certainly overdue for a tribute.)




5)  Manfred Mann’s Earth Band  ~  “In The Beginning, Darkness”




6)  The Stills  ~  “In The Beginning”




7)  Bucks Fizz  ~  “New Beginning”




8)  Chicago  ~  “Beginnings”




9)  Finch  ~  “New Beginnings”




10)  Crystal Lewis  ~  “Beginning Again”




11)  Tyler Ward  ~  “Beginning Of A Bad Idea”




12)  Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark  ~  “The Beginning And The End”




13)  Kalafina  ~  “To The Beginning”  (I don’t understand a word they’re singing, but it’s kind of fantastic!)




14)  David Phelps  ~  “End Of The Beginning”




15)  The Living End  ~  “The Ending Is Just The Beginning”


No comments:

Post a Comment