Friday, May 13, 2016

Songs Of Belonging, Vol. 1

If we're honest, we all feel a sense of belonging. Our heart's desire is to belong to someone, to something – to be part of and not apart from. These songs, and the songs that follow in Vol. 2, speak to that feeling. While each song has the word "Belong" or some  form of it in its title, the overarching theme of belonging is also ever-present. Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Building 429  ~  “Where I Belong”




2)  Whitney Houston  ~  “I Belong To You”




3)  Joshua Radin  ~  “Belong”




4)  Taylor Swift  ~  “You Belong With Me”




5)  The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart  ~  “Belong”




6)  Beth Hart  ~  “Tell Her You Belong To Me”




7)  R.E.M.  ~  “Belong”




8)  Pat Benatar  ~  “We Belong”




9)  Plain White T’s  ~  “You Belong”




10)  Aqua  ~  “We Belong To The Sea”




11)  Bryan Adams  ~  “You Belong To Me”




12)  Faith Hill  ~  “Baby You Belong”




13)  Glenn Frey  ~  “You Belong To The City”




14)  Steve Martin & Bernadette Peters  ~  “Tonight You Belong To Me”




15)  Jack Savoretti  ~  “Back Where I Belong”




16)  Tori Kelly  ~  “Where I Belong / Expensive”




17)  Linkin Park  ~  “Somewhere I Belong”




18)  Brandi Carlile  ~  “I Belong To You”




19)  Lenny Kravitz  ~  “I Belong To You”




20)  Anita Baker  ~  “You Belong To Me”




21)  Derek Johnson  ~  “I Belong To You”




22)  Sinéad O’Connor  ~  “What Doesn’t Belong To Me”




23)   Elvis Costello & The Attractions  ~  “You Belong To Me”




24)  Kim Wilde  ~  “The Light Of The Moon (Belongs To Me)”




25)  Switchfoot  ~  “Where I Belong”


No comments:

Post a Comment