Thursday, July 28, 2016

“Catch” & “Throw” Songs, Vol. 1

Here's part 3 of 4 in my baseball-related songs series. These are "Catch" and "Throw" Songs. Next up, more of the same. Get your glove ready...and enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Passenger  ~  “Catch In The Dark”  (This dude's voice just takes me to another place. I'm not sure where it is, but it's a happy place. In other words, I'm jealous.)




2)  Bee Gees  ~  “Don’t Throw It All Away”




3)  Avicii ft. Matisyahu & Wyclef Jean  ~  “Can’t Catch Me”




4)  Hall & Oates  ~  “Throw The Roses Away”




5)  The Cure  ~  “Catch”




6)  Manafest  ~  “Throw It Away”




7)  Art Department  ~  “Catch You By Surprise”




8)  Patty Griffin  ~  “Love Throw A Line”




9)  Matt Simons  ~  “Catch & Release”




10)  The Magic Numbers  ~  “Throwing My Heart Away”




11)  Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five  ~  “Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Cryin’”




12)  Candlebox  ~  “A Stone’s Throw Away”




13)  John Anderson  ~  “Would You Catch A Falling Star”




14)  The Proclaimers  ~  “Throw The ‘R’ Away”  (I don't believe I've ever heard a song entirely about someone's difficult-to-understand accent. Until now.)




15)  Nellie McKay  ~  “Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying”  (Not the same song as the Louis Jordan one above.)




16)  Kina Grannis  ~  “Throw It Away”




17)  Silversun Pickups  ~  “Catch And Release”




18)  Default  ~  “Throw It All Away”




19)  Flying Lotus ft. Kendrick Lamar  ~  “Never Catch Me”




20)  Robert Earl Keen  ~  “Love’s A Word I Never Throw Around”


No comments:

Post a Comment