Thursday, August 18, 2016

“Gold,” “Silver,” & “Bronze” Songs

In case you were wondering (and I realize that you probably weren't) whether I was completely ignoring the fact that there's currently an Olympics going on, and if you were curious (and I know you weren't) as to whether or not I'd somehow integrate an Olympics theme into my music blogging, here are your answers. I wasn't ignoring the Olympics – in fact, I've shortened many a night's sleep of late watching the broadcasts. And I did come up with somewhat of an Olympic-themed post. Ready...set...enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Imagine Dragons  ~  “Gold”




2)  Merle Haggard  ~  “Silver Wings”




3)  Joey Cape  ~  “Going For The Bronze”




4)  REO Speedwagon  ~  “Girl With The Heart Of Gold”




5)  Lee DeWyze  ~  “Silver Lining”




6)  Future Chaser  ~  “Bronze”




7)   Metallica  ~  “The Ecstasy Of Gold”




8)  Bonnie Raitt  ~  “Silver Lining”




9)  Ron Spielman  ~  “Bronze Age”




10)  Passenger  ~  “Fool’s Gold”




11)  Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones  ~  “Silver Haired Daddy Of Mine”




12)  The Red Hot Rhythm Rustlers  ~  “The Bronze Buckaroo”




13)  Glee Cast  ~  “Gold Digger”




14)  Fleetwood Mac  ~  “Silver Springs”  (Another Fleetwood Mac that would have been a nice addition to this post – if I hadn't decided to include only one song per artist – is this.)




15)  Keiko Matsui  ~  “Bronze Casting”




16)  Kimbra  ~  “Plain Gold Ring”




17)  Dio  ~  “Man On The Silver Mountain”




18)  My Brightest Diamond  ~  “A Bronze Head”




19)  Bing Crosby  ~  “Where The Blue Of The Night (Meets The Gold Of The Day)”




20)  The Rolling Stones  ~  “Silver Train”




21)  Ribozyme  ~  “Bronze”




22)  Halsey  ~  “Empty Gold”




23)  Tony Bennett ft. Bill Charlap  ~  “Look For The Silver Lining”




24)  Bloody Aztec  ~  “Bronze”




25)  Lianne La Havas  ~  “Green & Gold”




26)  First Aid Kit  ~  “My Silver Lining”




27)   Ace Reporter  ~  “Bronze”




28)  Neil Young  ~  “Silver & Gold”




29)  Kacey Musgraves  ~  “Silver Lining”




30)  The Americans  ~  “Bronze Star”


No comments:

Post a Comment