Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Popular Songs Of 1947, Vol. 2

Did you like that last batch of Popular Songs from 1947? Good? Then here's more. No? Then don't check these out. More of the same here...and it's all good stuff! Enjoy!  ~  JH 



1)  Nat King Cole  ~  “(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons”




2)  Dinah Shore  ~  “You Do”




3)  Bing Crosby ft. Fred Waring & The Glee Club  ~  “The Whiffenpoof Song”




4)  Frankie Laine  ~  “All Of Me”




5)  Ted Weems Orchestra  ~  “Heartaches”




6)  Ernest Tubb  ~  “I’ll Step Aside”




7)  Al Jolson  ~  “April Showers”




8)  Eddy Arnold  ~  “It’s A Sin”




9)  The Andrews Sisters  ~  “Near You”




10)  Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five  ~  “Texas And Pacific”




11)  Perry Como ft. Dinah Shore  ~  “When You Were Sweet Sixteen”



12)  Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys ft. Tommy Duncan  ~  “Sugar Moon”




13)  Frank Sinatra  ~  “I’ve Got A Crush On You”




14)  The Ink Spots  ~  “Sincerely Yours”




15)  Merle Travis  ~  “Missouri”




16)  James Baskett  ~  “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah”  (Fun fact: Actor/singer James Baskett became the first African-American male to receive an Oscar, for his performance in this film, Song Of The South.)




17)  Red Foley & The Cumberland Valley Boys  ~  “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?”




18)  Doris Day & Buddy Clark  ~  “Confess”




19)  Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra ft. Don Cornell  ~  “That’s My Desire”




20)  Jane Russell  ~  “Do It Again”




21)  Dinah Shore  ~  “I Wish I Didn’t Love You So”




22)  Woody Herman Orchestra  ~  “Four Brothers”




23)  Frankie Laine  ~  “A Sunday Kind Of Love”




24)  Jo Stafford  ~  “Ivy”




25)  Eddy Arnold  ~  “I Couldn’t Believe It Was True”


No comments:

Post a Comment