Monday, March 27, 2017

Things These Artists Have “Got,” Vol. 1

A lot of good songs over the years seem to have the words "I Got," "I've Got," "We Got," or "We've Got" in their titles. I notice dumb things like this. And what do I do when I notice them? I post a four-part miniseries featuring said songs, of course! Enjoy? ~  JH



1)  James Brown  ~  I Got You (I Feel Good)”




2)  Jana Kramer  ~  “I Got The Boy”




3)  Pearl Jam  ~  “I’ve Got A Feeling”  (This is a cover of a Beatles song. I had a video of Paul McCartney performing it all ready to post, but I actually ended up liking this version better. Go figure!)




4)  Ciara  ~  “I Got You”




5)  The Rolling Stones  ~  “I Got The Blues”




6)  Ethel Merman  ~  “I Got Rhythm”




7)  Young The Giant  ~  “I Got”  (What've they “got”? You’ll have to listen to find out.)




8)  You Me & Apollo  ~  “We Got A Roof”




9)  Lily Allen  ~  “As Long As I Got You”




10)  Canaan Smith  ~  “We Got Us”




11)  Brad Garrett, Jeffrey Tambor, Mandy Moore, & Zachary Levi  ~  “I’ve Got A Dream”




12)  Don Williams  ~  “I’ve Got A Winner In You”




13)  Nina Simone  ~  “Ain’t Got No / I Got Life”




14)  Al Jarreau  ~  “We Got By”  (“By” is not a thing you can literally “get,” but this is a great song so it’s close enough.)




15)  Karmin  ~  “I Got You (Pisces)”




16)  Delbert McClinton  ~  “I’ve Got Dreams To Remember”




17)  The Civil Wars  ~  “I’ve Got This Friend”




18)  Positive K  ~  “I Got A Man”




19)  Lily & Madeleine  ~   “I’ve Got Freedom”




20)  Bon Jovi  ~  “We Got It Going On”




21)  Glenn Miller & His Orchestra ft. Tex Beneke, Marion Hutton, The Modernaires, & The Nicholas Brothers  ~  “(I’ve Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo”




22)  Simon & Garfunkel  ~  “We’ve Got A Groovy Thing Goin’”




23)  The Black Eyed Peas  ~  “I Gotta Feeling”




24)  Jim Croce  ~  “I Got A Name”




25)  Mel Tormé  ~  “We’ve Got A World That Swings”


No comments:

Post a Comment