Friday, August 4, 2017

More “Forbidden” Songs

Every now and then, I have what I think is an original idea for a music post, then I go back into my “vault” of old posts and realize I’ve already done that topic before. Such is the case with this post, which features songs with the word “Forbidden” in their titles. I originally did a “Forbidden” Songs post over three years ago. However, upon recent reflection, I realized that post was comprised entirely of songs by artists that no one – myself included! – had ever heard of before. I knew I could do better. And so I did. Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Madonna  ~  “Forbidden Love”




2)  Yanni  ~  “Forbidden Dreams”




3)  Chic  ~  “My Forbidden Lover”




4)  This Century  ~  “Forbidden”




5)  Gloria Estefan  ~  “Heaven’s What I Feel (Corazon Prohibido)”  (In case you don’t speak Spanish, the word “Prohibido” means “Forbidden.” So this one qualifies in two languages!)




6)  Leo James Conroy  ~  “Forbidden Fruit”




7)  Nancy Wilson  ~  “Forbidden Lover”




8)  Violent Femmes  ~  “Forbidden”




9)  Selena  ~  “Amor Prohibido (Forbidden Love)”  (Yep, there’s that Spanish word again.)




10)  Andy Williams  ~  “Forbidden Love”




11)  Erja Lyytinen  ~  “Forbidden Fruit”




12)  Martin Garrix  ~  “Forbidden Voices”




13)  Darlene Love  ~  “Forbidden Nights”




14)  Marty Friedman  ~  “Forbidden City”  (I don't think this is the whole song. But, wow, what a snippet!)




15)  Polina Gagarina  ~  “Forbidden Love”  (Apparently, Russia has their own Lady “Gaga.” So to speak.)




16)  The Reverend Horton Heat  ~  “Forbidden Jungle”




17)  Tapps  ~  “My Forbidden Lover”




18)  Lefty Frizzell  ~  “Forbidden Lovers”




19)  Heim  ~  “Forbidden Waltz”




20)  Paul van Dyk  ~  “Forbidden Fruit”




21)  Fox.E & The Good Hands  ~  “Forbidden Fruit”




22)  Be Bop Deluxe  ~  “Forbidden Lovers / Down On Terminal Street”




23)  Nik West  ~  “Forbidden Fruit”




24)  Electronic  ~  “Forbidden City”




25)  Storm Large  ~  “Forbidden”


No comments:

Post a Comment