Monday, March 10, 2014

Songs By Ladies Named Anna


Sometimes there's a distinct reason for the particular group of songs that I gather, and sometimes there's not. Sometimes I just feel like "discovering" new music, and so I engineer a way to randomly find new-to-me artists. Such is the case with this collection of songs. I enjoyed hearing some of these artists for the first time, and hearing again a couple of them with whom I was already familiar. Hope you'll enjoy them as well.  ~  JH



1)  Anna Eriksson  ~  "Mad Girl's Love Song"




2)  Anna Bergendahl  ~  "The Army"




3)  Anna Ternheim  ~  "Girl Laying Down"




4)  Anna F  ~  "Most Of All"




5)  Anna David  ~  "Something To Nothing"



6)  Anna Tatangelo  ~  "Averti Qui"  (Hope you are fluent in Italian – I'm not, but I still enjoyed the song. I had the lyrics translated online – they're good, too.)




7)  Anna Von Hausswolff  ~  "Funeral For My Future Children"  (Bleak title, cool song)




8)  Anna Tsuchiya  ~  "Black Tears"  (You speak Japanese, right? Great! Then you'll understand this song a little better than I did.)




9)  Anna Abreu  ~  "End Of Love"



10)  Anna Nalick  ~  "Breathe (2 AM)"




11)  Anna Vissi  ~  "Eleni"  (Being of Greek heritage myself, I wish I could speak the language of my ancestors. But alas, I can't, so I don't know what this song's talking about. But I like it.)




12)  Anna Graceman  ~  "So Complicated"  (This is a good song – but it seems weird that it was written and is being sung by a 10-year-old girl. I mean, good for her, but what does she know about the pain of love lost? Really…)




13)  Anna Blue  ~  "So Alone"




14)  Anna Kendrick  ~  "Cups (When I'm Gone)"  (I've posted this one here before – well, on my original blog – but it's too good not to repeat here)




15)  Anna Calvi  ~  "Blackout"




16)  Anna Waronker  ~  "Beautiful"




17)  Anna Fegi-Brown  ~  "I Thought I Knew Him So Well"




18)  Anna Rossinelli  ~  "In Love For A While"


No comments:

Post a Comment