Friday, July 27, 2018

“Mess”-y Songs

If you're one of those people who has it all together, someone who's on top of everything at all times – I'm sorry, but I don't have much in common with you. On the other hand, if you're a hot mess and you own it, wave your lighters and/or cell phone flashlights in the air, 'cuz these songs are for YOU! (And me.) Enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Bebe Rexha  ~  “I’m A Mess”




2)  The Marvelettes  ~  “Don’t Mess With Bill”




3)  Kiiara  ~  “Messy”




4)  Jim Croce  ~  “You Don’t Mess With Jim”




5)  Maribelle  ~  "I'm A Mess Without You"



6)  Cage The Elephant  ~  “Mess Around”




7)  Cimorelli  ~  “I’m A Mess”




8)  Paul McCartney & Wings  ~  “The Mess”




9)  Chromeo  ~  “Hot Mess”




10)  Switchfoot  ~  “Mess Of Me”




11)  Avante Black  ~  “Make A Mess”




12)  Ben Folds Five  ~  “Mess”




13)  Ed Sheeran  ~  “I’m A Mess”




14)  Kasey Chambers  ~  “Beautiful Mess”




15)  Vance Joy  ~  “Mess Is Mine”




16)  Sheryl Crow  ~  “God Bless This Mess”




17)  Ray Charles  ~  “Mess Around”




18)  Diamond Rio  ~  “Beautiful Mess”




19)  The B-52’s  ~  “Dance This Mess Around”




20)  Aerosmith  ~  “Stop Messin’ Around”




21)  The Rasmus  ~  “I’m A Mess”




22)  Bon Jovi  ~  “God Bless This Mess”




23)  Emily Kinney  ~  “Mess”




24)  Jason Mraz  ~  “A Beautiful Mess”




25)  Parachute  ~  “The Mess I Made”




BONUS TRACK:  Alanis Morissette  ~  “Hands Clean”  (I’m tacking this one on as a bonus track because it’s a good song, even though it doesn’t have the word “mess” or “messy” anywhere in its title. The phrase “This could get messy…” figures prominently in the pre-chorus though, so it makes the cut.)


No comments:

Post a Comment