Wednesday, May 15, 2019

“Me,” “Myself,” & “I” Songs, Vol. 1

Here begins a three-part series of songs featuring one or more of the commonplace pronouns "Me," "Myself," and "I" in their titles. Since there was a plethora of songs to choose from that fit this criteria, I tried to pick only the best, most popular, and/or most unique tunes. I hope you will agree...and enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie  ~  “ME!”




2)  Morrissey  ~  “I’m OK By Myself”




3)  Austra  ~  “I Love You More Than You Love Yourself”




4)  R.E.M.  ~  “Me In Honey”




5)  Barry Manilow  ~  “I Let Myself Believe”




6)  Chely Wright  ~  “I Already Do”




7)  David Bowie & Cher  ~  “Can You Hear Me?”




8)  Todrick Hall  ~   “Lyin’ To Myself”




9)  RL Grime ft. Daya  ~  “I Wanna Know”




10)  Anna Calvi  ~  “Sing To Me”




11)  Liberace  ~  “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter”




12)  Mal Blum  ~  “I Don’t Want To”




13)  Soft Cell ~  “Entertain Me”




14)  Pet Shop Boys  ~  “The Ghost Of Myself”




15)  Tegan and Sara  ~  “I Couldn’t Be Your Friend”




16)  Green Day  ~  “Wake Me Up When September Ends”




17)  Melissa Etheridge  ~  “Message To Myself”




18)  The xx  ~  “I Dare You”




19)  Culture Club  ~  “Do You Really Want To Hurt Me”




20)  Fanny  ~  “Beside Myself”




21)  Rufus Wainwright  ~  “I Don’t Know What It Is”




22)  Mary Lambert  ~  “Forget Me”




23)  Sinéad O’Connor  ~  “I Am Enough For Myself”




24)  Perfume Genius  ~  “I Decline”




25)  Fever Ray  ~  “Keep The Streets Empty For Me”




26)  Darren Hayes  ~  “Me, Myself, & I”




27)  A Great Big World  ~  “I Really Want It”




28)  Anohni  ~  “Drone Bomb Me”




29)  Little Richard  ~  “I Brought It All On Myself”




30)  Aurora  ~  “I Went Too Far”


No comments:

Post a Comment