Tuesday, December 18, 2018

“My” Songs 2

If you like oldies – and I know some of you do – then you're going to love this post! Awhile back I posted a bunch of songs with the word "My" as the first word in their titles. Most of those were newer songs. Well, this is more of the same theme, but ALL of these songs are older – ranging from the late '50s to the mid '80s. And I've carefully curated them to include only the best and most interesting songs, primarily performed by people you've actually heard of. Imagine that! I hope you will...enjoy!  ~  JH



1)  Billy Joel  ~  “My Life”




2)  The Byrds  ~  “My Back Pages”




3)  Fats Domino  ~  “My Blue Heaven”




4)  The Angels  ~  “My Boyfriend’s Back”




5)  The Temptations  ~  “My Girl”




6)  Bruce Springsteen  ~  “My Hometown”




7)  Nina Simone  ~  “My Baby Just Cares For Me”




8)  Frankie Valli  ~  “My Eyes Adored You”




9)  Eric Clapton  ~  “My Father’s Eyes” (I didn't intentionally lie in the intro, but I *forgot* this song was in here. It's from the mid '90s, but it certainly *feels* older, doesn't it?)




10)  Mary Wells  ~  “My Guy”




11)  The Who  ~  “My Generation”




12)  Alabama  ~  “My Home’s In Alabama”




13)  Petula Clark  ~  “My Love”




14)  The Pretenders  ~  “My Baby”



15)  Stevie Wonder  ~  “My Cherie Amour”




16)  The Mamas & The Papas  ~  “My Heart Stood Still”




17)  Ray Charles  ~  “My Bonnie”




18)  George Harrison  ~  “My Sweet Lord”




19)  Lynsey De Paul  ~  “My Man And Me”




20)  Frank Sinatra  ~  “My Way”




21)  The Knack  ~  “My Sharona”




22)  Julie Andrews  ~  “My Favorite Things”




23)  Andrae Crouch  ~  “My Tribute”




24)  Chet Baker  ~  “My Funny Valentine”




25)  Rockin’ Sidney  ~  “My Toot Toot”


No comments:

Post a Comment